Wednesday, May 16, 2012

I Get It - So Blessed!

My amazing family!
written 4/5/12

So today I got it I got how blessed I really am and what a wonderful life I have.  I have an amazing husband and two beautiful, wonderful daughters.  I noticed today something in retrospect of my daughters which I guess I hadn't really noticed and that is that although they are both very, very different they are both amazing in their own way.  Your probably asking yourself what are you talking about your their mother, how can you not know this I did of course but something last night clicked for me.  It all made sense.  I was so proud of my oldest daughter, Elizabeth.  She is becoming quite the young lady and my little one, Adriana is just truly amazing.  Yes, indeed I am very blessed.

I had the honor of attending an award ceremony for an art competition "Taste of the Tropics" that my older daughter, Elizabeth entered.  To be honest I was just proud her art work was selected and had made it to the gallery but when we were invited to the award ceremony I cannot lie I was ecstatic.  She received the award of distinction for her art work and I couldn't be prouder.  She is truly amazing!!! and so I got it!  Seeing her joy and seeing how she expressed herself to her art teacher and other people was amazing yes I finally got it!!!!

Taste of the Tropics Award Ceremony

Elizabeth's Art Work

Received Award of Distinction!
Ms. Parra and Elizabeth
What I also got is that my younger daughter, Adriana is also amazing and although she is sooo different from Elizabeth, my older one she is one truly amazing little person.  She is doing amazing in gymnastics (that's her thing) and I was told recently by her gymnastics teacher at her preschool that she is very talented and an amazing little girl.  How awesome is that!







It's wonderful how in one moment all the sacrifices and the fights all make sense and you stop and say ok its worth it, I get it!  What a wonderful feeling that is.  I can finally understand how proud my mom was of me looking back all those years as a matter of fact she reminded me today that she still passes by the Holiday Inn and remembers the beautiful award show she attended for me in high school and how proud she was of me and its something to this day she still remembers.  I get it mom I said.

As we got in the car I told Elizabeth I was so proud of her and that these were the moments I cherished the most I was quickly corrected by my hubby that we are always proud of her which I said well, yes but moments like these are just icing on the cake for me.  So proud so so proud!!!! I reminded her that I know I scream a lot and I push but that there was a method to my madness and this was it.  Seeing her shine today and seeing her be confident and happy...well I got it!

So yes, I will be rooting for you Elizabeth 100% in all your art shows and wherever your future takes you.  I will always be there for you.  And Adriana I'll be the mom cheering you in the background or right there front and center, always.   Yes, I am very lucky and yes I got it!!!

Adriana & Elizabeth

P.S.  I wrote this post on 4/5/12 and then, I don't know, I hesitated to publish it.  Since then my youngest daughter, Adriana was invited to join the pre-team program in gymnastics and has been promoted to hot shots (the next level up).  Words cannot describe how proud and happy I am for her!! Way to go Chuqui mommy loves you!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment