Monday, May 14, 2012

7 Reasons It’s Awesome to Marry Your High School Sweetheart

Posted by devanmcguinness (blogs.babble.com)

Me and My Awesome High School Sweetheart
"When I found this article I couldn't stop saying awwww.....that's because I married my high school sweetheart and I could relate to every single thing they were saying.  Every single one!  My hubby became my boyfriend in 10th grade (my first year of high school) we had P.E. together and it was love at first sight lol! Aside from dating (not even counting that) in Aug. of this year we will have been married for 17 years and we have 2 beautiful girls.  For some it might not be so awesome but for me it sure was awesome to marry my high school sweetheart, my soul mate!" 



I am feeling all kinds of lovey-dovey today. My husband and I are having a quiet weekend at home with our three kids, just enjoying each other and occasionally rolling our eyes at the noise of today.

I have been with my husband for 13 years this summer — that’s not a long time in the whole spectrum of life, but it’s almost half of my 30 years on this planet. We started dating in high school, he was a year older then I was and at 17 years-old, I was in love.

We’ve been together ever since — he’s my partner, my best friend, my biggest supporter and my high school sweetheart. In times where more and more people are getting married later, divorcing more, I am even more thankful I found my true love in high school.

No Awkward History
No worries about finding an old photo of one of us kissing someone else. There will be no worries about going out and running into an ex.

Seen Each Other Through Bad Times
Over the past 13 years we have been through good times and bad times -- in life and our relationship. We are really good at working it out.

Foundation For Friendship
We are more than just in a relationship, we've developed one of the longest friendships we each have.

Lots of Embarrassing Photos
Kids love this kind of stuff. We have YEARS and years of awkward, young photos of each other.

People Think It's Adorable
When people find out we've been together since high school, people think it's so cute & that's always nice.

Lots Of Practice With Change
We grew up together and all the changes that came with it. High school to college, to finding a job, to getting married then having kids. We've learned how to work through the changes.

You Can Say Cliches
We get to say things like "Love at first sight", "one and only", and "first love"

No comments:

Post a Comment