Tuesday, January 24, 2012

My daughter, Elizabeth


On Saturday I had the pleasure of taking my daughter to the South Florida Regional Science and Engineering Fair at MDC North Campus.  I mean I was proud of her already having placed 2nd place in her school for her grade level.  Going to districts Wow!!!!  It was to be an all day event (and they weren't kidding).  When she joined me for lunch I asked how the judging went and she proceeded to tell me "no problem mom I got this" she did mention there was one tough question asked which for the life of me till this day I still don't understand but I'm glad she was able to answer it.  Up next award ceremony and being the mom I am I wanted to stay till the end of course my daughter wanted to leave as fast as she could.  We stayed LOL! Special awards were given first followed by Honorable Mention.  We waited and waited and nothing.....several other students from her school had received one or the other but not my daughter (actually everyone that was around us had been called) I was starting to loose hope and so was she.  Next up Top Honors we counted 7 Elizabeth's prior to calling my daughter, Elizabeth Costa she was the 8th Elizabeth they called that day and I couldn't be prouder.  Her prize a medal for top honor for her 6th grade science project.  Seeing her with her medal, well I couldn't be prouder.  So here, I give props to my daughter, Elizabeth. Awesome Job! you see it's worth it! Love you always your biggest supporter your mom!





No comments:

Post a Comment