Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Fruit and Spice Festival


On Sunday, January 22 I attended the Fruit and Spice Festival.  It was truly awesome!  I took my mom and my girls and they loved it.  The Festival was $8 but, you know me since I'm always searching for a good bargain I purchased my Groupon for this festival for just $4 definitely worth it!  Living in Miami all my life I had heard about this park and visited the little store they have but had never actually walked inside boy, was I missing out.  See, my dad loved, loved fruit trees and anything to do with plants.  You can say our back yard was a mini fruit and spice park from avocado's, mango's, mamey, anon to peppers and lemons we had it. It was his passion.  Walking through the park brought back so many memories he really would have loved to have visited there.  They actually told my mom she had a great eye since she was one of the few who recognized one of the rare fruits at the park.

From the vendors, animal show, food, kids activities and my own memories it was truly a great day!  Here are some pictures from the event.





She caught a snake lol!







Belongs to the Melon family


Cucumber Wow!





Mom enjoying her fresh fruit cup!

Petting Zoo

Pony Rides


Already looking forward to next year! For my complete album of pictures on this event check out my Facebook Page Out and About  http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.2864669288732.136503.1019734087&type=1&l=c41c8fd994

No comments:

Post a Comment