Friday, March 23, 2012

Dali Miami Art Exhibit Opening Event at The Moore Building on 3/7/12



So I was shopping around for ideas on what to do for Valentine's Day with the hubby and I came upon a Voice Deal special on this Dali Miami.  I thought to myself ok the hubby likes Dali and I had been wanting to go to his museum and knew it would be a long shot so when I saw the special VIP tickets for opening night I thought it would be a great Valentines gift.  Drinks, food by Chef Adrianne Calvo and Dali sounded good to me different yes but it's what we do. 

I had never been to a VIP Event before let alone an art exhibit so I wasn't sure what to expect I also had never gone to the Design District boy was I impressed.  I had heard people talk about it but had never ventured down there it was amazing, the stores and galleries very nice. 

Red Bottoms!!



Dali Miami was in the Moore Building it was packed to say the least and the parking was horrendous!!  We parked about 4 blocks away me and heels and 4 blocks hated it!!!  As we got closer we saw an array of expensive cars out front from Mercedes to Ferrari's yup VIP I thought.


We proceeded inside got tagged and off we went.  Mind you since it was VIP drinks were included and so were appetizers (so they said).  We spotted the bar and along with it the huge, long line.  We decided to skip it.  On to the art which is why we were there right?  Well, in Miami that's not necessarily true all the time especially when your talking VIP.  Immediately I spotted one of the Housewives of Miami being taped, everyone taking pictures of them or trying to.  Yup welcome to Miami!

Alexia Echevarria "The Cuban Barbie": Venue Magazine

The Moore building held 3 floors of Dali's work. The 2nd floor was the most disturbing of his collection I thought.  Still no appetizers and no drinks.  We did find another bar on the second floor and the line, again was too too long we stood in it for about 20 minutes and got tired and just gave up.  Oh did I mention more Housewives of Miami, more taping, more pictures.  I remember telling my husband how I thought this was supposed to be an art exhibit yet it felt more like a glitz and glamour party.  The whose who in Miami trying to be seen, texting, taking pictures.  There were some people who were there for the art but not many. 













The Housewives of Miami more taping (Lea Black and Audriana de Moura) 


I was going to skip this part but I cannot tell a lie sooo as I was headed down the staircase to the first floor yes, you know it I fell!! I lost my footing on those wobbly stairs and fell. 

The wobbly stairs :(
Hubby looked back and saw me on the floor he couldn't believe I had fallen I couldn't believe it I mean really thank god the lighting was dim and there was no one around except for 2 ladies going up the stairs they quickly turned to me and asked me if I was ok I immediately replied yes I was fine and picked myself up I was so nervous! I couldn't believe I had fallen that and I didn't want to create a scene I mean VIP omg!!!  We headed for the first floor, no more stairs for me lol.  What next you say, well a red carpet fashion show complete with psychedelically painted day-glo models backed by Madonna, Adele, and LMFAO.  What would Dali say about this???? Want to take a guess....







  

All in all it was a great event to people watch as most of these VIP events are in Miami.  People, Miami people especially, somehow forget the real reason for these events.  I basically paid for the VIP tickets because the drinks and the appetizers were included but we got nothing no drinks or food.  I could've paid for the regular admission tickets and saved myself a lot of money considering the special for those tickets were $10 oh well that's what I get to be in the lime light lol.  

BTW we know there was food and drinks because here is the evidence......lol



Oh well all in all I can truly say my first VIP experience was well very interesting to say the least and Dali's artwork well very interesting as well lol!!!

Did any of you make it to this event? I would love to have your comments if you did.....

No comments:

Post a Comment