Sunday, December 30, 2012

Out and About with EC: Saying goodbye to 2012!



I actually started my blog "Out and About with EC" in Jan.2012 and I can't believe I'm still here.  I also can't believe "you guys" are still here with me.  The support of so many friends and new friends I've picked up along the way has given me the strength to keep going and not quit.  It has been an amazing experience.  6 months ago I had 8,000 views and now almost a year I have 15,000.  Thanks to all that have supported me and still continue to read and be entertained by my findings.  This actually opened the door to new opportunities and I now design and am in charge of my daughter's magnet school facebook page something I very much enjoy!!!!

 
So 2013 is almost knocking on our door and I guess its time to reflect on 2012.

 Somebody close to me told me that I needed to find my passion.  That I needed to find in my heart what truly makes me happy, gives me purpose and it made me think.  It's been a  tough year to say the least, actually it's been a tough 2 years!  My dad passed away one year ago and I still think about him everyday.  Although it took me a while to make peace and accept the demons it hasn't been easy.  It's true what they say you don't realize how important a person is in your life until they are gone.  How important a piece they play in the puzzle of life it's amazing!  Dad, I love you and miss you so much!!


Another rude awakening for me this year was loosing my job.  This wasn't just any job to me it was my perfect job.  I know your probably saying perfect, really? But yes to me PERFECT! I worked for a company of architects called APEC Consultants.  I worked with them for 16 years up until I was let go in July.  I always said to myself and others who was surprised I was still there that we were just floating.  I knew one day that floating would stop and it did and even though I always had it in the back of my mind when it happened I wasn't ready at all.  I was very lucky that I wasn't out of work for too long but what an agonizing experience it was.  I hadn't realized how different getting a job was in this day and age.  The interviewing process was hell to say the least but I survived and won my present job over.  I now work for a new company and although it hasn't been easy with the traffic, long hours, and stress it has proven to be a challenge I have risen to.

Loosing my job has been a tough lesson for me.  I've had to learn to count on other people "my hubby" and he has had to take the role of mom in a lot of instances and for that I can't thank him enough.  I've had to make peace that I can't make it to every recital, school party, award show or honor roll ceremony and that for me is soo..sooo.. hard but I've survived and so have my kids.  I've had to learn the hard way that I can't be supermom that now it has to be superdad and that's ok as well.  Yup 2012 has not been easy but I think I've adjusted...I mean I had no choice....and most importantly I had to be happy or at least find a happy median.   


2012 brought us lots of news worthy stories from Kate Middleton to the Summer Olympics, Whitney Houston's death to the all famous Gangnam style.  Hurricane Sandy, One Direction, someone called Honey Boo Boo, the release of the Iphone 5, the Samsung Galaxy, Kony 2012, the presidential debates and the re-election of Obama, the break up of Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes & Chad Ochocinco and Evelyn, the Miami Heat winning an NBA Championship, the Penn State Scandal, The Trayvon Martin Shooting, the Hunger Games just to name a few and the devastating story that left everyone in shock and disbelief the Sandy Hook Elementary shooting. I think we can all agree that for that one moment, on that day, it made us kiss our children and hold them tighter and it made us all remember how precious our children's lives really are.  It also brought to light the dedication and compassion that our teachers play in the role of our children.  How important they are and how precious! 

2012 had my youngest daughter, Adriana start Kindergarten and I can't tell you how worried I was but she has proven to be a "model student" as she puts it.  She has amazed me and I am so proud of her.  My older daughter, Elizabeth entered 7th grade and although I'm starting to realize that my baby is not a baby anymore she is growing up to be an amazing, smart, eccentric young woman.  She's had her ups and downs this year, some harsh realities with life lessons mainly friendships that have not been easy at all but she's smart and headstrong and she will be ok.  She's got a long way to go and a lot more hardache to endure......From coloring her hair(rainbow bright is her preference) to her clothes not matching, to her artistic fashionista style coming out in full force, yup I've got my hands full but I am also so..so proud of her and I wouldn't have it any other way.





My hubby has been my major support system for such a long time but the support he has shown me this year has been more than words can say.  It has not been easy with transitions we've had to endure but he's been there 100% guiding us and showing us that family and being happy is what it is all about!  He is indeed my rock and I don't know what I would do without him.  17 years and counting yup...my soulmate!!   





2012 also gave me an opportunity to do something different, something a lot of people doubted I couldn't do, but I proved everyone wrong.  I participated in my first 3mile mud race with obstacles and all and I crossed the finish line! Yes, I did it!!! "Pretty Muddy was awesome". Looking forward to my next race soon, hopefully.






Oops...I almost forgot and how can I forget the most important event of 2012 -The ending of the world according to the Mayans...December 21, 2012.  Still here!!!!!!! Doomsday didn't happen and if I understand all this nonsense it just means that a new cycle will begin...Curious to see when the new date for the next end of the world will be lol.  I think Robert Frost had it right when he wrote: "Some say the world will end in fire, some say in ice," but that was a poem to warn that hate was the danger, not some ancient prophecy.


..and so amongst the good and the bad, all the prophecies and the horrible tragedies we move forward to 2013.  We hopefully move forward with faith and hope that 2013 will be one of the best years yet.

Out and About with EC would like to wish each and every one of you a very Happy New Year and all the best for 2013!




1 comment:

  1. Your blog is very useful. Thank you so much for providing plenty of useful content. It is really very interesting. . .
    best packers in vizag.

    ReplyDelete