Friday, February 24, 2012

The Sneaker Phenom!

Air Jordan Retro 4


So Friday night a dear friend of mine asked me for a favor.  He wanted me to help him buy the new "Air Jordan Retro 4".  They go on sale at midnight he said.  Log on before and get ready! He mentioned it would not be easy and proceeded to give me some tips.  He recommended 3 sites I should log on to, as well as which one I should log on to first.  Good Luck he told me.  He told me he would try as well but was counting on me.  I was like no problem!  Really, how hard could it be to buy some Air Jordans.  I mean I managed to get Miley Cyrus concert tickets for my daughter and that was almost impossible so this would be a piece of cake right? WRONG! Can we say epic fail.  I can honestly say that I had never encountered anything like that before. 


I logged on at 11:55pm to nikestore.com (first and best choice mentioned by my friend) and waited for the sneakers to be released.  It was about 12:08 and finally the shoe appeared on the website.  I clicked the shoe, picked the size and since I had a log in proceeded to check out.  Awesome, all the information was there already.  I got this I laughed.  As I'm entering the credit card number the computer freezes - Noooo!!!!!

I check another site. I had opened footlocker.com and proceed to look for the shoe, there it was easy.  Pick the size and Sorry SOLD OUT!!!!!! Noooooo!

OK don't panic last site, finishline.com  yeah good luck there immediately a notice had come out saying "due to extreme traffic to this site and to give everyone a fair chance we will attempt to connect you after 30 seconds...."  I'm still waiting to connect to the site.

Back to the nikestore.com still attempting to connect....finally the screen changes, I'm thinking I got this yes! All of a sudden a message pops up:  Due to inactivity we will have to restart your session, your session has timed out.  Timed Out!  What do you mean timed out I didn't do anything.  I proceeded to refresh and log on again when a black screen came out informing me that this site is temporarily closed for scheduled maintenance try again later ( did I mention it said it in about 10 different languages). Wow!



I was speechless. I had really underestimated this sneaker phenomenon my friend had been trying to tell me all along.  I mean these sneakers weren't $50 they were $160.  When I realized I had no more options I logged on to Ebay to check and they were already selling the sneakers for $350 and more.

I had been texting my friend thru this whole ordeal who told me to forget it but I was determined.  My final attempt was somewhere at 1:45am when I gave up.  I had nothing. I was defeated!

On Saturday morning I had to take my oldest daughter to get some art supplies and low and behold I found myself standing in front of a Foot Locker...the shoe, I remembered, I said to my daughters hold on I have to check something.  Before I even opened the door there right in front of me a sign "RETRO 4 SOLD OUT"

Sign @Foot Locker


I am still speechless and for me that's pretty difficult.  I touched base with my friend on Saturday afternoon who laughed after seeing the picture (which I text him) and said "did you really think you were just going to walk in a store and find them" I guess not I told him.


On Sunday my friend called me again apparently there is another sneaker being released this Friday (2/24) at midnight and those sneakers "Galaxy edition of the Nike Air Foamposite One" people, do I dare say are going for $1,000 on Ebay already.  There are people camped out in NYC as we speak already in line to get their hands on these sneakers.  My friend was driving around Dadeland Mall on Wednesday and noticed there were people camping out there as well.  Apparently Nike said the only chance of getting a pair was to get out there and take your chances at one of the select few retailer spots that would be carrying them.  UNBELIEVABLE all for a sneaker....really?!  Tomorrow marks what will go down as one of the craziest sneaker releases of all-time as the Galaxy Foamposites officially go up for sale!

Nike Air Foamposite One - Galaxy Edition

So as you may know my friend has already informed me to get ready it's going to be a long night trying to snatch these up.  After what I experienced for the Air Jordan Retro 4 I don't think anyone is ready.  Good Luck to me because I'm sure going to need it come midnight tonite!!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment