Monday, February 6, 2012

Crave opens 2nd Florida location at Merrick Park



 

I had the pleasure of eating at Crave on Saturday with the hubby before going to a baby shower.  He had mentioned to me that he had taken our girls and that they loved it.  Sooo kid friendly! and for those of us with kids that's always a good thing.  My older daughter, Elizabeth raved about it and for her to mention a place more than once, well it's a good thing. My younger daughter, Adriana said "mommy the pasta was good! and we got to color" Well I must say I loved the place. 

We sat outside and the vibe was fantastic.  Their large adjacent outdoor patio includes a full bar, outdoor dining and a lounge area. 
 
 


If you don't care to sit outside (and believe me you will want to) there is seating indoors.  The 9,000-plus square-foot restaurant offers private and semi-private dining rooms.  Great for parties!




Since we were headed to a baby shower we decided for some appetizers and drinks.  I had a fabulous chardonnay (they do have an extensive wine list) and my hubby had the beer, brewed by them.  I noticed they had lots to offer on their menu, reasonably priced with items ranging from a full sushi bar to steaks, to fresh seafood, pastas, salads, gluten free and fire baked pizzas.  My hubby decided on the Grilled Ceviche. I know what you’re thinking, “Grilled Ceviche, is that even possible?” It was fantastic!


I opted for their Caprese flatbread: Tomato, mozzarella, basil, avocado, balsamic reduction.  It was delicious!!!

I did glance at the kids menu:  All items served with choice of french fries, steamed green beans, or homemade chips $5.95.  A fruit cup is brought right at the beginning when they order their food. My girls loved this!  Also kids eat free on Tuesday (or Wednesday not sure) with a paying Adult. Awesome!
  • Chicken Tenders
  • Pizza-cheese, sausage, pepperoni
  • Fettuccini Al Fredo
  • Macaroni & Cheese
  • Spaghetti & Marinara
  • Grilled Cheese
  • Peanut Butter & Jelly
  • Cheeseburger
  • Kids sushi

Our waitress was friendly, helpful and eager to assist us with suggestions.  The food was excellent and the restaurant was definitely busy. 

 

"CRAVE's vibrant atmosphere and innovative menu are a natural fit for the Village of Merrick Park in the Gables," said Kam Talebi, owner and CEO of CRAVE. "The stylish culture and people along with the exciting atmosphere of the development are a great match for CRAVE and we look forward to providing our guests with a memorable dining experience." 

 

CRAVE will offer an early and a late happy hour: Sunday - Friday from 3 - 6 p.m. and Sunday -Wednesday from 10 p.m. - 12 a.m. On Friday and Saturday, patrons can enjoy music and entertainment from 9:30 p.m. to close.

 

Definitely a keeper in my books and most importantly in my kids books!!!!



For more information, visit CraveAmerica.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment